Avery (East Africa) Limited has its humble beginnings from a Kenyan Company that was incorporated in 1970.The company was initially established primarily with a focus on the supply, manufacture, maintenance & repair of weighing scales. In this industry the company has consistently remained the largest supplier of weighing equipment in Kenya. However over the years, the company has diversified its activities starting with the supply, maintenance & repair of inkjet coding equipment and more recently has ventured into the energy sector with the introduction of power systems (sales and service of generators) and power projects (construction of turnkey substation projects). The company represents the following well known equipment manufacturers:
- AVERY WEIGH-TRONIX – Industrial Weighing equipment.
- AVERY BERKEL – Retail Weighing equipment.
- SALTER BRECKNELL – Industrial Weighing Equipment.
- DILLON – Industrial Weighing Equipment.
- RAILWEIGHT – Railway Weighing Equipment.
- VIDEOJET – Coding and marking Equipment
- POWER SOURCE PROJECTS – Diesel Power Generation equipment
- INA / FAG – Industrial Bearing Products.
- SDMO - Diesel Power Generation equipment
For all these brands of equipment, AEA undertakes fully, the supply, installation, servicing, repair and maintenance of the same from a countrywide network of branches using a highly trained and licensed technical workforce.
In the Year 2007 and in line with our strategic plan, the company changed its name from Avery Kenya Ltd to Avery (East Africa) Ltd to facilitate expansion into the fast growing East African regional market. We are now operational in Tanzania and Uganda.